Monday, November 3, 2008

Why is Prop 8?

Our constitution says there a separation between Church and State. And let's not forget our country was formed because of religious prosecutions in England and else where. Of course we ourselves did not do so well in Salem, MA also. So why do we now make laws that goes against what founded in this country.

Marriage is a legal term. It has legal ramifications. It is the legal ramifications that greatly concerns me as I feel it takes away my right to stand up for my beliefs.

I have nothing against the union of gay couples.

However, I prefer the word, Marriage, not be used in these unions, due to the legal ramifications.

Our great state of California may use a new word, say Union, to designate such, if the people of California chooses in a future proposition.

However, I am against overloading the legal meaning of Marriage. I prefer its traditional meaning for the union of two people of two different sexes.

Like you, I hope we can disagree but not be disagreeable. We will all cast our ballots and stand up for our beliefs, and let the majority decides. That is what made our country great.

God bless America and all of you.

No comments: